Thursday 19 January 2012

Crescendo Review


Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster, 2011
Genre: Fantasy
Rate: 2/5 – Not my style
Get it here: Amazon UK & US, Kindle UK & US

Crescendo


‘Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.’ From Goodreads.com

In the sequel to “Hush, hush” Becca Fitzpatrick continues the love story of Nora and Patch, yet Patch seems to be driven away from Nora, even though he is her guardian angel. Nora’s best friend Vee is occupied as well, dating Patch’s friend. So Nora feels alone, and starts hanging out with an old friend who is involved in something shabby. The relationship between her and Patch is not great as they are fighting all the time, and Patch is not there to protect her when she needs it.

This book was even worse than the first, and I had hoped it would give me some answers.  I hated that cliché “oh no my boyfriend hangs out with my school bully, sad pathetic me”- that Nora had going on. I was really disappointed by the poorly constructed arguments in Nora and Patch’s fighting. It was just plain weird to be honest.

I REALLY enjoyed the ending and I am actually looking forward to reading the next because I still have some hope that Nora will grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment