Thursday 19 January 2012

Harry Potter 1 Review


Author: J. K. Rowling
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (1997)
Genre: Fantasy
Rate: 5/5 - I loved it!
Get it here: Amazon UK & US

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Sorcerer’s Stone)

'We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry' Quote from the book.

Harry has been hidden away his entire life; his aunt and uncle make him sleep in their cupboard under the stairs, and locks him in whenever they please. He does not own anything besides the over-sized second-hand clothes he has inherited from his fat cousin. Then one day, a twist of faith, Harry receives a letter from Hogwarts, a school for young wizards and witches and his entire life is turned upside down.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Sorcerer’s Stone) is author J. K. Rowling’s debut novel that made her world famous! It is, in my opinion, one of the best children books ever written.

I remember the day my mother came home with this book. It was October 1998, just a month before my ninth birthday. The book was yet too difficult for me to read by myself so she read it for me the first time. I instantly fell in love with the magical world that J. K. R. created. To be honest, this book destroyed other books for me, as I was so amazed by the story line and the likeable characters.
One of the best things about J. K. R’s writing is how she plants details that, when reading, you might not necessarily understand, but later on, in other volumes, they are rather important.

When reading it again as I have aged since I was first amazed by this masterpiece, I realise that this book may be too juvenile for adult readers. But reading it out loud for your children, or younger family members, is a brilliant idea, and they will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment