Monday 6 February 2012

Shrine of the Desert Mage Review


Title: Shrine of the Desert Mage
Author: Stephen Goldin
Publisher: Spectra, 1988
Genre: Arabian fantasy
Rate: 5/5 – I Loved It!
Get it here: Amazon US, Kindle UK & US

I received this book to review for the ReadIt&Reap program in the ShutUp&Read group on Goodreads.com.

A foolish thief has released Aeshma, the deva king, from his long imprisonment in a magical urn. He now threatens to destroy Parsina. Great heroes, who sadly have seized to exist, imprisoned him the last time. Who will save mankind now?
It is up to the storyteller Jafar, his daughter Selima, and Prince Ahmad to bring back peace to Parsina.

This book is no less than brilliant! I have never before read anything Arabian theme styled and I loved all the description about the culture. It is  very well written, and the characters are so developed and challenged in this story, and they progress and become something they have never dreamt of.

The only negative thing I have to say is the ending. It leaves you wondering and eager to get your hands on book number two. So I guess it is not negative at all! I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment